- Hardened Gentoo with Full Disk Encryption on the Star Labs StarBook Mk VI
22 Feb '24A brief guide on installing Gentoo Linux with Full Disk Encryption and the hardened profile, with SELinux, on the Star Labs StarBook Mk VI.
- Run a Nostr Relay as Tor Hidden Service on OpenBSD
15 Feb '24Let’s set up and run our own “private Twitter” on Nostr, a simple, open protocol that enables truly censorship-resistant publishing on the web!
- A World without Passports
2 Feb '24According to my analytics dashboard, there’s a 70% chance you’re reading this on your phone. Maybe at home, or maybe while commuting to work, using your mobile data connection, for which you’ve probably signed up on a mobile contract. A contract for which you had to prove that you are you, likely by showing your national ID or passport. A contract for which you have to pay regularly, probably using a bank account that you also had to identify yourself for upon opening.
- An Overview of Privacy-Focused, Decentralized Instant Messengers
16 Nov '23An overview of privacy-focused, decentralized, open source alternatives to popular non-free
spywareinstant messengers like WhatsApp, Telegram, Signal, Viber, Facebook Messenger, Skype, and Apple iMessage.
- How Do You Trust That Your Personal Machine Is Not Compromised?
27 Oct '23A while ago I stumbled upon a simple yet surprisingly interesting question on Hacker News, which seemed to have some people (re-)evaluate their current setups and look for ways to improve. Hence I figured that it might be an interesting subject to cover.
- Fitness Tracking for the Privacy-Conscious
12 Oct '23An introduction and review of the Garmin Instinct 2X Solar Tactical smartwatch.
- Anytype: Notion, but Open Source
3 Sep '23Ten years ago, the internet was flooded with so called note-taking apps, from Microsoft’s Notes and Google’s Keep, over Evernote, all the way down to open source software like Standard Notes and even my own project Paperwork. Within the last few years however it seems like all of these apps became basically irrelevant thanks to one silent killer.
- Listen to Audiobooks without the Audible App
21 Jan '23As someone who’s reading all day long – mainly technical documentation, code, mails and chat messages – I enjoy the luxury of having someone else read a book to me very much. That’s why I have always been an avid audiobook user.
- Run Your Own LastPass on Hardened OpenBSD 14 Dec '22
- Reclaiming (Mobile) Privacy with GrapheneOS
10 Nov '22… and improving your smartphone’s security along the way!